The Mbeliling Forest Reserve, located in the Sub Districts Komodo and Sano Nggoang covers an area of 15’000 ha. Mount Mbeliling, the highest mountain in this area, is famous for its refreshing air and rich diversity of Fauna and Flora which makes it a perfect trekking destination. On this 2-Day Trek, you can fill up your lungs with fresh and clean air, while local Guides explain to you everything about their culture, customs and the carefully protected treasures of the Mbeliling Area.
View from the top of Mt.Mbeliling
The Roe Ecotourism Association
Map of the Trekking Area Mbeliling
Start the 3-4h trek at 600m above sea level in Roe village and hike in the cool mountain forest where you can discover an amazing range of tropical plants as well as some rare species of birds and other wildlife.
Trekking Program: Second Day
Code of Conduct
Welcome to Roe and the Mbeliling Area: We, the Roe-People, are happy and proud to invite you to visit our village and the beautiful surrounding area. Please pay attention to this Code of Conduct in order to help us protect our natural surrounding, customs and culture.
The compliance monitoring is based on your feedback, please assist us and fill in the questionnaire at the end of the trip
- Please carry out all the rubbish you bring in to the Mbeliling Area
- Do not engage in or encourage hunting: The Mbeliling area is the habitat of endangered animals which need be protected
- Do not cut any trees or remove plants: this is a protected area, where cutting wood is strictly forbidden by the local government
- Please don’t make a fire to cook or warm-up at night. Use the fuel stoves (provided by the trekking association)
- Please inform your Local Guide or the Trekking Association if you observe anybody (local or foreign) not following these rules – as it is in the association’s interest to protect the environment
- Please dress politely according to the local understanding which means in Indonesia not to wear short pants or skirts/sleeveless, transparent or low-cut tops
- Respect the local culture in behaving with discretion (avoid public displays of affection, men and women only share a tent if formally partnered, use enclosed facilities for your toilet and bathing)
- Don’t distribute sweets, money or other presents to children, as this encourages them to beg
- Please ask for permission before you take pictures of people
- Be sure you are healthy and feel comfortable walking for a sustained period. Walking on the narrow and sometimes steep tracks to the Mbeliling Mountain requests a good physical condition, especially considering the tropic climate in Indonesia – Flores
- Stick to the existing Tracks and don’t explore the area without a local guide - it is easy to get lost in the Mbeliling forest
- Be aware, Narcotics, Pornography and Weaponry are strictly forbidden all over Indonesia and therefore not allowed to bring into this area
If you are interested in booking this trip, please contact one of the local Tour Operators in Bali or Labuan Bajo. If you want to organize your transport to Roe independently, you can get in touch with the Roe Ecotourism Association directly: Zhakarias +61 (0)81 353 781 200 or Ketrin +61 (0) 852 39061205 will be more than happy to give you any further information and make a reservation for you.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
The price for the 2 day Package is 300’ USD – 400’USD per person, depending on the size of the group. This price includes:
- Traditional meals during the Trekking (Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, Coffee, Tee and Water)
- Fees of the Porters and Guides
- Rental cost of Tents, Sleeping Bags, and Sleeping Mats
- Support to the Community’s Development - 10% of the Price you pay will be used for Development projects in the Roe Village
Do a Kayak exploration of a local river.
Rice is the preferred staple of most Asians, an appetite fed by rice cultivated in terraces, such as these found throughout West Flores’ mainland.
One of the world’s deepest crater lakes located at Sano Nggoang, West Flores.